Mining & Tunneling
Chemical solutions for underground construction
Our comprehensive portfolio includes solutions for:
Mine stability after placement
Mine backfill technologies help to provide an optimum balance of high early strength and sustainable long term strength, ensuring dimensional stability after placement to meet or exceed design fill performance requirements. Our range of MasterRoc backfill admixtures can help customers challenge conventional physical limitations by:
Improving backfill durability
Controlling retardation, acceleration and rheology
Modifying viscosity, reducing yield stress and pumping pressures.
State-of-the-art technologies for high quality, durable concrete tunnel segments
This high-range water reducing admixture is based on the new generation of polycarboxylate technology that incorporates state-of-the-art molecular engineering to provide fast wet-out of powder materials. Benefits to concrete production are:
Rapid cement dispersion
Superior early and ultimate strengths
Early and long-term strength in ground support
Achieve early and long-term concrete strength in ground support with Master Builders Solutions' comprehensive products that allow durable sprayed concrete structures to be constructed successfully and safely. These products are designed to:
Meet your challenging site requirements
Offer compatibility with local cements
Provide fast set times
Improve operational efficiency in TBM excavation
Master Builders Solutions' comprehensive product portfolio for tunneling and tunnel boring machines improves operational efficiency in soft ground and hard rock TBM excavation. We help you meet your biggest challenges from the start of your project by offering:
- Laboratory resources for project specific testing
- Technical consulting for every stage of your project
- Global solutions
Our product range for TBM encompasses soil conditioners, anti-wear agents, tail sealants, main bearing greases, concrete admixtures for annulus grout applications and concrete segments, injection products as well as sprayable membranes.
Our new tail seal greases:
- MasterRoc TSG 870: new first fill tail grease for shielded tunnel boring machines that protects the brushes by preventing the penetration of water, soil and annulus grout. Additionally, it ensures the flexibility of the brushes, necessary to follow the movements of the tail shield.
- MasterRoc TSG 800: tail sealant for shielded tunnel boring machines. It contributes to the formation of the essential tail seal preventing grout and other fluids from entering the tunnel area immediately to the rear of the TBM.
Our new high-performance foaming agents have been specially formulated to improve the performance and control of the soil through the screw conveyor under the toughest conditions. Designed for silt to sandy soils, the highly stable foams are based on biodegradable raw materials:
- MasterRoc SLF 325: highly stable fine foam to hold the face pressure and maintain the rheology of the excavated ground longer than conventional foaming agents.
- MasterRoc SLF 419: similar performance to MasterRoc SLF 325. Ideal for use in cooler climates or environments.
- MasterRoc SLF 543: the special selected anti-clogging polymer effectively reduces the clogging and adhesion potential of clay containing soils on the cutterhead. Suitable for use in a wide range of temperatures.
Sprayable membrane for waterproofing concrete structures
Spray-applied membrane can be applied between layers of sprayed or cast-in-place concrete, or applied as a stand-alone membrane, exhibiting high bond strength to the substrates on both sides of the membrane.
High bond strength to substrates
For more information,
Please select your region
Africa & Middle East
Australia & Pacific
Africa & Middle East×